PRISM is a non-for-profit Social Enterprise with the mission to create equal opportunities for the responsive progress of societies, communities and people – acting as a qualified development agent, since 2012, with its operational seat in the city of Palermo and its registered office in Enna, Italy.
PRISM represents a co-planning hub, open to public and private actors, for the elaboration of tailored development strategies and interventions, aimed at valorising diversity and sharing the social, cultural and economic resources of local communities, from an international perspective.
PRISM has a wealth of experience in the management of projects with social impact, submission and coordination of local, European Union and international proposals, as well as delivering innovative outputs, related to non-formal education and community development.
PRISM annually assesses its social impact, by evaluating all forms of significant change experienced by individuals and communities, following their involvement in our activities as “co-experts”. The impact considers the enhancement of income and the level of integration in the labour market, innovations in the field of education, social inclusion and relationship changes, the effects on physical and mental health and the general impact on quality of life and well-being.
The main areas of intervention, contributing to increased social impact are:
- Entrepreneurship and Employability Raising human development and socio-professional integration, while strengthening the European economic area to stimulate self-employment initiatives and empowering, up-skilling and re-skilling human resources and efficiency systems.
- Research, Innovation and new technologies
Increasing and enhancing the quality, vitality and creativity of responsive and responsible European action research, pursuing context-related societal functions – planning and promoting solutions and shared interventions.
- Social Cohesion, Equity and Equality Exploiting empowerment measures in social, economic and educational contexts – seeking to equalize opportunities, for an inclusive and accessible society for all, based on human rights and gender equality.
- Local Development and Sustainability Promoting the exchange of good practices towards a sustainable and shared development model of interventions and services aimed at safeguarding and improving the conditions of the local environments and the prudent and rational use of natural resources.
- International Cooperation, Mobility and Youth Improving cross-sectorial and transnational transfer of knowledge and expertise for inclusiveness management and societal awareness, to explore integrated and structured strategies for smart, sustainable and inclusive global growth.